Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More lessons

Spent the past couple of weeks trying to get some parkour in everyday. Seems to help a lot better than the once or twice a week I've been doing so far, the continual reinforcement helps. Started following my 10-minute room timer a bit more rigorously too and hence I'm sorer than I've been since my gym membership expired.

On Monday I had managed after a few tries to pull off a wallrun in my five fingers which I wasn't able to get in my 5-10s. After a rather poor session today I decided to go back to it and improve on it. Took me a long time to get it again. Maybe 30 tries. Got pretty dissapointed early in the process, but my technique improved a lot in the interim - lesson: even the failures are useful. The step became a lot more solid and I walked up a lot easier each time. The try on which I actually got it I was tired (and a little angry, which might've helped), but still got a solid hand to it (the grip is difficult because its slippery metal, requires a bit of contact or a dyno up to the next handhold. I'll work on the two-hands to the wall next, and then to the dyno I think.) and clambered up.

Best part about that wallrun was the landings though. A lot of drops onto concrete in five fingers and no pain whatsoever. Landing technique is improving.

No comments: